Director of Adult Residential Services
GATEWAY COMMUNITY SERVICES
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The RSS position provides non-clinical, evidenced-based support services by performing tasks designed to assist patients in wellness and recovery to promote self-advocacy. Provides assistance to the treatment team in the rehabilitation of residents at Gateway. RSS will be scheduled to work in the Adult Residential Treatment program with staff who perform assessment, intervention, prevention, individual and group therapy.
Under supervision of the Program Manager, the Recovery Support Specialist serves as an advocate and functions as a role model to patients; exhibiting competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills. The RSS responsibility is to establish rapport with patients as well as to teach, lead, and mentor patients to reach personal wellness and recovery goals, while in treatment.
- Serve as a member of the patient’s recovery support team.
- Establish and maintain an effective peer mentoring relationship with the patient.
- Promote social learning through shared experiences.
- Teach patients life skills, including personal care and social responsibility habits.
- Assist the patient in identifying informal support systems to access and build on in order to meet the patients’ needs and wants.
- Recognize crises and respond appropriately.
- Recognize risks to the patients’ recovery and/or personal safety and respond appropriately.
- Apply strategies designed to enhance the patient’s motivation to change.
- Assist and motivate patients to navigate the array of services available to achieve and maintain recovery.
- Engage and assist patients to move through the stages of recovery and develop recovery capital.
- Maintain patients’ confidentiality according to state and federal laws.
- Perform all job tasks according to paraprofessional, legal, and ethical standards.
- Maintain documentation as required by agency, state, and federal laws.
- Recognize individual differences of patients by gaining knowledge about personality, culture, lifestyles, gender, sexual orientation, special needs, and other factors influencing patients’ behavior in order to provide peer support specialist services that are sensitive to the uniqueness of the individual serviced.
- Help implement the evening and weekend schedule of diverse therapeutic, social and rehabilitative opportunities for residents as part of the care services team.
- May be required to transport residents to outside meetings, medical and other appointments as needed in company owned vehicles while ensuring appropriate fuel levels are maintained in the vehicles.
- Remain knowledgeable of admission/discharge status, special information, and unusual events.
- Supports resident and facility monitoring in accordance with residential rules and regulations, inform supervisor and the patient’s assigned counselor of any concerns.
- Provide head counts at all shifts and document all relevant information.
- Support patient activities, including but not limited to recreation, monitoring, escorting residents to AA, NA, and other relevant meetings and monitoring group activities.
- Must report all job related injuries to immediate supervisor, Director and HR with 24 hours of the injury.
- Conduct room and area inspection on a daily basis. Document and post those results.
- Assist in monitoring medication line.
- Provide support during dining room meals and snack time while assisting with meals and snacks.
- Assist and report emergency incidents. Assist in emergency procedures.
- Accurately complete documentation of emergency, medical and other relevant incidents as appropriate.
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Must pass required background investigation.
- Must complete all required training as assigned.
- Must abide by Agency’s Code of Ethics, Agency Standards, Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Strict adherence to the Incident (Unusual Event) Reporting, timekeeping, and work attendance
- Must practice universal precautions as part of regular job duties whenever applicable.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff.
- Must be approved as an insurable, safe driver by Gateway insurance company.
To apply, please send a resume to HR_Dept@gwjax.com
Our job board is offered as a member value added benefit. Members may post as often and as many positions as they desire. Consider becoming a member to have access to post job positions here.