Henderson Behavioral Health
Programs in Broward, Palm Beach, and Treasure Coast
Henderson Behavioral Health, a nationally recognized leader in behavioral healthcare is seeking a Medical Director. The Medical Director is a senior leadership position, responsible for medical staff leadership, recruitment, training, supervision, and provision of quality clinical care. The ideal candidate will be a Board-Certified Psychiatrist with the following experience and attributes: leadership of healthcare teams, ability to work with all levels of staff, excellent verbal and written communication, outstanding clinical experience and training, knowledge of varying reimbursement models including value-based care, and an openness and curiosity around technology and its role in service provision.
Provides psychiatric evaluation and treatment Henderson Behavioral Health clients; provides supervision and consultation to advanced registered nurse practitioners as needed, provides direct supervision to nurse or team of nurses working with psychiatrist, provides consultation, as needed, to other mental health professionals in the practice; works as part of a treatment team and meets regularly with the treatment team; receives supervision from and reports to the Medical Director. This position requires candidates possess an M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited educational program and be licensed in the State of Florida. Full-time and part-time positions available immediately. Telehealth opportunities are available.
Licensed & Non-Licensed Clinicians
This position requires the candidate possess a Minimum of a Masters degree in a human services related field and if licensed, must be licensed in the state of Florida (LMHC, LCSW, LMFT). Candidate should have experience providing clinical services. Opportunities to work with youth or adults; residential, crisis stabilization, mobile response team, centralized receiving center and outpatient positions available. Candidate will provide assessments, screening/referrals, treatment and discharge planning, and therapy services for adults or youth experiencing a mental health and/or substance use condition. This position is office based with flexible full-time and part time schedules available. Day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts are also available. This position requires a minimum of oneyear experience working youth or adults with mental health and/or substance use conditions. Successful candidates should possess good communication, writing and computer skills and have the ability to work within amultidisciplinary team. Successful candidate will need to be resourceful and adaptable and have knowledge ofevidence-based intervention strategies.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com
GATEWAY COMMUNITY SERVICES
POSITION: Recovery Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The RSS position provides non-clinical, evidenced-based support services by performing tasks designed to assist patients in wellness and recovery to promote self-advocacy. Provides assistance to the treatment team in the rehabilitation of residents at Gateway. RSS will be scheduled to work in the Adult Residential Treatment program with staff who perform assessment, intervention, prevention, individual and group therapy.
Under supervision of the Program Manager, the Recovery Support Specialist serves as an advocate and functions as a role model to patients; exhibiting competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills. The RSS responsibility is to establish rapport with patients as well as to teach, lead, and mentor patients to reach personal wellness and recovery goals, while in treatment.
- Serve as a member of the patient’s recovery support team.
- Establish and maintain an effective peer mentoring relationship with the patient.
- Promote social learning through shared experiences.
- Teach patients life skills, including personal care and social responsibility habits.
- Assist the patient in identifying informal support systems to access and build on in order to meet the patients’ needs and wants.
- Recognize crises and respond appropriately.
- Recognize risks to the patients’ recovery and/or personal safety and respond appropriately.
- Apply strategies designed to enhance the patient’s motivation to change.
- Assist and motivate patients to navigate the array of services available to achieve and maintain recovery.
- Engage and assist patients to move through the stages of recovery and develop recovery capital.
- Maintain patients’ confidentiality according to state and federal laws.
- Perform all job tasks according to paraprofessional, legal, and ethical standards.
- Maintain documentation as required by agency, state, and federal laws.
- Recognize individual differences of patients by gaining knowledge about personality, culture, lifestyles, gender, sexual orientation, special needs, and other factors influencing patients’ behavior in order to provide peer support specialist services that are sensitive to the uniqueness of the individual serviced.
- Help implement the evening and weekend schedule of diverse therapeutic, social and rehabilitative opportunities for residents as part of the care services team.
- May be required to transport residents to outside meetings, medical and other appointments as needed in company owned vehicles while ensuring appropriate fuel levels are maintained in the vehicles.
- Remain knowledgeable of admission/discharge status, special information, and unusual events.
- Supports resident and facility monitoring in accordance with residential rules and regulations, inform supervisor and the patient’s assigned counselor of any concerns.
- Provide head counts at all shifts and document all relevant information.
- Support patient activities, including but not limited to recreation, monitoring, escorting residents to AA, NA, and other relevant meetings and monitoring group activities.
- Must report all job related injuries to immediate supervisor, Director and HR with 24 hours of the injury.
- Conduct room and area inspection on a daily basis. Document and post those results.
- Assist in monitoring medication line.
- Provide support during dining room meals and snack time while assisting with meals and snacks.
- Assist and report emergency incidents. Assist in emergency procedures.
- Accurately complete documentation of emergency, medical and other relevant incidents as appropriate.
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Must pass required background investigation.
- Must complete all required training as assigned.
- Must abide by Agency’s Code of Ethics, Agency Standards, Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Strict adherence to the Incident (Unusual Event) Reporting, timekeeping, and work attendance
- Must practice universal precautions as part of regular job duties whenever applicable.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff.
- Must be approved as an insurable, safe driver by Gateway insurance company.
To apply, please send a resume to HR_Dept@gwjax.com
GATEWAY COMMUNITY SERVICES
POSITION: Director of Adult Residential Services
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
SUPERVISES: Residential Counseling Staff and Residential Support Staff Manager (RSS)
Residential Director of a multidisciplinary treatment team that provides residential services addressing substance abuse, mental health, behavioral, educational, family, child welfare, and criminal justice issues. Provide supervision, support and training to the residential counselors.
1. Demonstrate the ability to manage a multidisciplinary team in a residential setting.
2. Ensure that adult residential staff provide a high level of internal and external customer service.
3. Ensure that adult residential staff submit administrative and clinical documentation that is complete, timely, and adheres to the organization’s policies and procedures and meets all funding and accreditation standards.
4 Provide Qualified Professional reviews of records, including assessments, treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, and discharges.
5. Monitor residential staff errors in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and assist in making corrections when needed.
6. Ensure that all residential services are provided as scheduled and within required timeframes, including orientations, assessments, individual and group counseling sessions.
7. Manage workforce issues, including scheduling adequate residential staff coverage and interviewing for open positions.
8. Provide supervision, clinical support and training to residential counselors and RSS Manager.
9. Ensure that residential counselors in need of additional training receive this training.
10. Provide training to new residential staff members, including training on job functions, EHR use, and organizational policies and procedures.
11. Conduct staff meetings on a regular basis and ensure that all information is effectively communicated.
12. Follow-up on staff, patient and other stakeholders inquires.
13. Complete performance evaluations of residential counseling staff at the required intervals.
14. Address job performance and disciplinary issues for residential counselors in a timely manner, including documenting disciplinary actions and coordinating with HR as needed.
15. Ensure collaboration with other departments, providers, and referral sources to ensure that patients receive comprehensive and coordinated care.
16. Coordinate routine urinalysis and searches (e.g., patient room, property, etc.) for contraband.
17. Assist with quality improvement efforts.
18. Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings.
19. Perform special projects and other organization-related assignments as requested.
20. Participate on assigned committees.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must pass required background investigation.
2. Must possess knowledge of substance use disorders, mental health treatment and recovery services as well as competencies in these areas to ensure that the treatment needs of the population served are being met.
3. Must complete all required training.
4. Must abide by organization’s code of ethics, organization standards, and policy and procedures manuals.
5. Must be knowledgeable regarding funding sources, legal requirements, and accreditation standards, including 65D-30 guidelines, CARF standards, and Medicaid guidelines.
6. Must regularly review records for quality and compliance.
7. Must practice universal precautions as part of regular job duties whenever applicable
8. Must have strict adherence to the Incident (Unusual Event) Reporting and IRAS reporting, timekeeping, and work attendance requirements.
9. Ability to function as an effective team member.
10. Must complete all required documentation, reports, and other organization-related paperwork in a timely manner.
11. Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
12. Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
13. Ensure safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
14. Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff.
15. Must be approved as an insurable, safe driver by Gateway’s insurance company.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services or related field and 4 years’ experience in the treatment of behavioral health disorders
- Licensed or CAP Preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must have excellent assessment and counseling skills
- Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies and life threatening situations in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas so that others will understand.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to relate and present to groups.
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members.
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Knowledge of recovery process and 12 step recovery program.
- Knowledge of adolescent and adult behavior and development, addictions, mental health, family systems, and domestic violence.
- Knowledge of intervention methodology, including the use of Evidence-Based Practices.
- Working knowledge of Windows Office software.
- Knowledge of referral sources.
- Exposure to patients who may be under the influence or withdrawing from mood altering chemicals or experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Hours may vary and could include evenings and weekends.
- Possible exposure and/or contact with blood, body fluids and airborne pathogens.
To apply, please send a resume to HR_Dept@gwjax.com
GATEWAY COMMUNITY SERVICES
POSITION: Grant Writer
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
Under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) the Grant Writer supports Gateway: Steps to Recovery (Gateway) Development Department by utilizing one’s extensive knowledge and understanding of Gateway’s programs and service areas to assist that help analyze needs, research opportunities, prepare for and write and submit grants. The Grant Writer also uploads and tracks awards, contracts, and related communications to meet grant reporting and compliance requirements, manage grant work planning with internal and external stakeholders to identify needs, gathers information and assembles project/program teams to assure grants submission and reports are completed by their due dates. The Grant Writer provides grant budgeting assistance to include modifications, spend-down monitoring, and allocation adjustments; completes donor research to identify prospective government, corporate/private/family foundations grant funding opportunities and assist in maintaining comprehensive and updated inventory on all grants submitted; and may be asked to assist Development staff in Special Events and other fundraising events.
Under the general supervision of the COO engages in grant work planning with internal and external stakeholders to identify funding needs, gathers appropriate data and assembles project/program teams.
Utilizes specialized knowledge and understanding of programs, as assigned, to enhance program and service development and growth opportunities through funding.
Works with internal and external stakeholders to design programs and budgets by collecting and analyzing data to determine community needs and program expansion opportunities.
Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of all grant and program contracts acquired by Gateway.
Assist Program Managers to oversee grant/contract negotiation(s) and acceptance process; and assures compliance with grant/contract reporting.
Routinely monitors contract performance and brings performance issues to the attention of the Project team and CEO or COO.
Writes and /or manages the writing of proposals, “letters of intent” (LOIs) for Gateway, adapts proposals as necessary and completes the timely submission of grants proposals.
Prepares, submits and records service line contracts, applications and related correspondence.
Serves as communication liaison between Gateway and Grant funder.
Reviews and maintains overall quality and accuracy of all grant contract documents prepared by agency personnel.
Maintains reporting compliance of grant deliverables, provides support including writing and interdepartmental communications.
In conjunction with program and support staff, maintains accuracy and uniformity in electronic and hardcopy filing and tracking process of all Gateway grant documents.
Timely production and mailing of grant documents.
Write monthly status/progress reports for Executive Management Team as assigned.
Prepare, in collaboration with grant project/program staff, contract budget modifications.
Work with Project team, monitor contract spend-downs, and propose necessary allocation changes.
Utilizes available research tools to identify current and prospective government, foundation, and corporate grant funding opportunities, makes recommendations regarding potential funders for Gateway.
Maintains a comprehensive inventory of renewable and new funding opportunities in line with the development plan.
Lead, attend or participate in appropriate Gateway meetings designated by CEO or COO.
Attend workshops, trainings, and outside meeting as needed, and requested.
Assist development department with fundraising activities as needed
Work flexible schedule as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience
3+ years of direct grant development experience planning, coordinating and managing grant-funded program(s) in the non-profit sector.
Grant writing experience, including federal grants.
Experience with budget development and/or management.
High proficiency in MS Office Products and proven exceptional grant writing skills.
The ability to work and act independently, and to make and carry out decisions with minimal supervision.
The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Strong editing skills.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead teams and projects, and work collaboratively.
Maintaining confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
Excellent customer service and client services philosophy in all interactions.
Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
Successfully manage multiple projects at the same time.
Appreciation and respect for working with and serving a diverse population.
Proficiency in Raisers Edge and the internet.
The ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques and strategies.
The ability to investigate and analyze information, draw conclusions and problem solve.
The ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
Supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, evaluation and problem resolution; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-term planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of organizational objectives.
Valid State of Florida Driver’s License with a safe driving record
Produce copy(s) of transcript(s)
To apply, please send a resume to HR_Dept@gwjax.com
Florida Behavioral Health Association
Health Services Analyst – Extended-Release Injectable Naltrexone (ERIN) Program
The Florida Behavioral Health Association is seeking to hire a Health Services Analyst to support the leadership and management of the Extended-Release Injectable Naltrexone (ERIN) program funded by the Office of State Courts Administrator (OSCA). This program provides financial and other supports to treatment providers around Florida that serve court ordered offenders and other individuals at-risk of involvement with the justice system. FADAA is looking for a proven leader who is committed to providing quality services and work products. The successful applicant will have:
A bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field. A master’s degree is preferred.
Experience in program management and behavioral health, health care or Medication-Assisted Treatment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong computer skills
FBHA is the state’s largest trade association representing community treatment providers with a united voice. FBHA serves as a trusted source of information, it advances policy initiatives, and it advocates for better behavioral health for all Floridians.
To apply: Complete a FBHA Job Application form and submit it with a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: FBHA at 316 E. Park Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 32301, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Screening tests for illegal drug use and Level II background screenings are required as a condition for employment. E-verify of proof of eligible employment to work in the U.S. is also required for employment.
Our job board is offered as a member value added benefit. Members may post as often and as many positions as they desire. Consider becoming a member to have access to post job positions here.