The Florida Behavioral Health Association is the leader on behavioral health policy and practice. We support member agencies that offer services to those in need of mental health and substance use disorder services.
FBHA does the following:
- Creates forums for members to share best practices, innovative ideas, and educational materials so they can provide optimum care;
- Sets and maintains high standards for the behavioral health industry in the delivery of care;
- Trains professionals in the court system, criminal justice, health care industry and others about responding to the behavioral health needs of Floridians;
- Promotes legislation, funding, and policies that recognize and advance the behavioral health system of prevention, treatment, and recovery for all Floridians;
- Provides the public with education and awareness about the importance of behavioral health and its positive impact on lives;
- Collaborates with other state and federal professional organizations to promote the advancement of the behavioral health industry.