JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CITY: Bartow and Lakeland
JOB STATUS: Full-Time Nights
PAY: $35.00/hr plus shift difference
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of direct care to the patients of the Crisis Stabilization Unit (a locked psychiatric unit) and provides assistance to medical staff by management of available resources in accordance with the established standards, policies and procedures at the Peace River Center’s Crisis Inpatient Facilities, and the Scope of Practice established by the State of Florida. The RN functions within an interdisciplinary team model to provide a safe, therapeutic environment and support clients in the stabilization of crises and reintegration to the community.
In the performance of their respective task and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all PRC policies and Code of Conduct standards and at all times exhibit all PRC’s Core Values.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customer and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Ability to adhere to company and/or program’s dress code standards
- Ability to report to work with good personal hygiene
- Coordinates with psychiatrist/APRNs regarding medical care of CSU/SRT clients
- Assist in providing safe environment for staff and patients
- Participate in facilitating a coordinated team approach in Unit operations
- Provide appropriate medical documentation on clients at CSU/SRT
- Perform essential nursing duties as vital signs, and BMI
- Conduct Nursing Assessments on CSU/SRT clients
- Perform accurate administration of medication and treatments as ordered by physician/APRN
- Perform CLIA waived testing and venipuncture as ordered by physician/APRN
- Assist in maintaining an accurate medication administration system
- Provide patient education regarding medications through 1:1 consultation and group sessions
- Facilitate eligible patients in obtaining medication thru the Patient Assistance Program (PAP)
- Assess and evaluate all patients’ current mental and physical status and document accordingly
- Assess and evaluate all potential admissions for appropriateness and/or need for medical clearance.
- Ability to arrive to work and ready to work on time.
- Ability to abide by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a group and/or team setting; contributing to a positive work environment.
- Ability to show respect to all others.
- Ability to professionally communicate with other employees and outside vendors, as required.
- Ability to take guidance and direction from supervisors.
Graduated from an accredited Nursing Program
Requires 3 years of LPN/RN clinical experience in the mental health field.
Clear and Active current Florida Nursing license required
Complete all PRC required training.
Complete all Nursing contact hours required for license renewal.
Attend all PRC clinical and administrative functions deemed appropriate by supervisor.
Complete Aggression Control Technique (ACT) training
Knowledge and Skills:
Computer skills- Microsoft Office, CMHC and Internet
Ability to work independently with little supervision
Good organizational skills
Ability to respond appropriately in stressful situations while maintaining self-control
Demonstrate the ability to communicate appropriately and professionally in stressful situations with clients and/or peers.
Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work load and multi-tasking when needed.
Demonstrate understanding of OSHA standards (Occupational Safety Health Administration) in the workplace and PRC Biomedical waste plan.
Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology, psychotropic medications, and common side effects in work environment.
Demonstrate effective verbal intervention, ACT, and seclusion/restraint procedures
Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
Life Safety Equipment (fire extinguisher), oxygen cylinder, ambu-bag, back board, basic life support equipment.
Must have reliable transportation
Machines, Tool and Equipment Used:
Computer, multi-line telephone, fax, copier, hole punch.
Glucometer, B/P equipment, stethoscope, Ambu-bag, Oxygen cylinder, backboard, veni-puncture equipment, restraints.
Reports to Crisis Services Nurse Manager
The work environment is fast-paced and consists of exposure to physical conditions typical of a normal office environment. The populations cared for will include patients who are confused, delusional, irrational, agitated, or uncooperative. Most of the job is performed while sitting, although the work may require occasional standing or walking and/or the lifting and carrying of small objects. A small amount of travel may be required for meetings etc. to another PRC location.
One of the greatest assets of the PRC is the ethnic, cultural, and social diversity of its employees. PRC takes great pride in the diversity and values and respect of all its employees, regardless of race, color, sex, marital status religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, gender identification, or sexual orientation.
Our job board is offered as a member value added benefit. Members may post as often and as many positions as they desire. Consider becoming a member to have access to post job positions here.