EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time (FT).
Seeking Multiple Positions
POSITION SUMMARY: This position works with the criminal justice population and provides mental health and substance use treatment, linkage to Case Management (CM) services, and release coordination for inmates who have been identified as having mental health needs during their detention within the Okaloosa County jail. This position provides individual and group counseling services, teaches strategies for living substance free and establishes a relapse prevention plan as part of a long-term approach to recovery.
The clients served in this program have a variety of criminogenic, social, and psychiatric needs which are addressed through coordination between Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) Forensic Counselors, Correctional Officers, and other external agencies.
The applicant selected for this position must be comfortable routinely working alone and be able to manage the clients on the unit.
The Forensic Program is funded by revenue appropriated by State of Florida and Okaloosa County and your employment is contingent upon continued funding of this program.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
A career with BCI as a Forensic Counselor is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the individuals served.
BENEFITS OFFERED: BCI offers competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include:
- Eleven (11) Paid Holidays
- 17 days per year of PTO
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care / Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
- Employer Paid $15,000.00 Life Insurance
- Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
- Vision / Dental Insurance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field. Applicant must be able to pass an Agency of Healthcare Administration (AHCA) Medicaid and Department of Children and Families (DCF) Level II criminal background check, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening. Applicant must also have a valid Florida Driver License with no more than three (3) points on their driving record and be able to be insured under BCI’s automobile insurance policy.
- Specific experience working with the criminal justice population
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
- Provide psychosocial rehabilitation groups
- Provide Substance Use (SU) groups
- Provide daily living support to individuals in a pilot shelter program
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings and communicating appropriately with referral sources
- Conduct transition and discharge planning
- Provide individuals with linkages to other supportive social services
- Maintain appropriate and accurate documentation within the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Day)
3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. (Swing)
11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. (Evening)
Floater – Can Work Any of the Above Shifts
WORK LOCATION: Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
WAGE: The wage for this position is $17.00 per hour.
External Applicant Link: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6145325.careers?ApplyToJob=503524482
NOTE: APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO DRUG TESTING.
Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI)
Human Resources (HR) Department
205 Shell Ave. SE – Building A, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
Posted By: (HR)
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. (BCI) IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our job board is offered as a member value added benefit. Members may post as often and as many positions as they desire. Consider becoming a member to have access to post job positions here.