JOB TITLE: Clubhouse Generalist Pay: 17.93/hr
PROGRAM: Clubhouse REPORTS TO: Clubhouse Director
FACILITY: Club Success Haines City CITY: Haines City
JOB STATUS: Full-time FLSA: Non Exempt
This person will be working with members at the clubhouse on seeking abilities and strengths in individuals and work toward recovery through meaningful activities. She/he will also be working side by side with members in order to engage and participate in a “work ordered day”. He/ She will lead and organize the business, member service, kitchen units and employment/housing/education unit in order to engage members in running of the clubhouse. She/he will also be responsible for creating, linking and monitoring employment opportunities for the Clubhouse members. This person will be in the community meeting with employers in order to establish relationships and gain transitional and supported employment positions with the agencies. He/ She will be working with members at the clubhouse on resume building, application submissions, and employment skill enhancing tasks. She/he will also be co leading education groups for the betterment of the Clubhouse members as well as assisting with educational situations in order to obtain educational opportunities for the Clubhouse members.
In the performance of their respective task and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Fully understand and consistently exhibit all of Peace River Center’s Core Values, while fostering the same with all direct reports.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Ability to adhere to company and/or program’s dress code standards
- Ability to report to work with good personal hygiene
- Ability to arrive to work and ready to work on time.
- Ability to abide by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a group and/or team setting.
- Ability to show respect to all others.
- Ability to professionally communicate with other employees and outside vendors, as required.
- Ability to take guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Prioritize conflicting demands of members and director in the midst of the work ordered day
- Interact with employers in the community to develop transition and supported employment for members.
- Work with members in gaining and/or enhancing skills for employment while completing tasks side by side with members throughout the Clubhouse
- Monitor, coach and train members working in Transitional Employment Placements (TEP)
- Establish and maintain communication with employers for Transitional Employment Placements in order to build a professional relationship.
- Learn and comply with the Clubhouse International standards.
- Train, link and access members interested in employment according to their strengths and abilities.
- Responsible for completion of all documentation including but not limited to Treatment plans, Biopsychosiocials, Functional Assessment Rating Scales, Progress notes and more.
- Engage members to work on meaningful work through meaningful activities in the Clubhouse
- Work with Vocational Rehabilitation and other employment services in the area on referrals for their services
- Develop and monitor Transitional Employment, Supported Employment and Independent Employment Placements.
- Track data and statistics unique to employment of clubhouse members while using multiple tools including Microsoft Excel.
Bachelors Degree in human services field
High school level considered if accompanied by one of the following certifications:
Certified recovery peer specialist
Certified psychiatric rehabilitation practitioner
Certified recovery support specialist
Certified behavioral health technician
Participate in a one-time Colleague Training for up to three weeks at an CI Certified Training Base
Comply with Peace River Center mandatory trainings
Knowledge and Skills:
Proficient enough to be able to coach someone through Microsoft Windows and Office
Must be diplomatic and able to communicate while presenting Clubhouse Model
Must be able to work in a team and be able to lead, brainstorm and implement new ideas
Must have strong written and verbal skills to address business leaders in the area
Self-motivating and be able to work independently with minimal supervision while in the community
Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
Life Safety Equipment (fire extinguisher)
Must have reliable transportation and be of age 21 years old
Must be able to become a driver for PRC
Must carry $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury coverage on personal vehicle and provide and maintain proof of coverage
Must be able to drive own vehicle and have a clear and valid FL driver’s license
Machines, Tool and Equipment Used:
Computer, telephone, fax, copier
Printer, Agency van, Shredder, Copier, Sports equipment, TV/DVD and kitchen appliances
Supervises - none
Fast paced work environment. The populations cared for will include patients who are confused, delusional, irrational, agitated, or uncooperative. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must understand and accept the possibility of exposure to inside environmental conditions such as communicable diseases and physical/verbal abuse from an out of control patient/client.
Work in a flexible environment which is inclusive of multiple units with rotation in order to learn every unit in the clubhouse.
Our job board is offered as a member value added benefit. Members may post as often and as many positions as they desire. Consider becoming a member to have access to post job positions here.