Outpatient Licensed therapist (LMHC, LCSW, or LMFT Required)
POSITION TITLE: Outpatient Licensed Therapist (LMHC, LCSW, or LMFT Required)
PROGRAM: Outpatient Therapy
CITY: Lakeland, Avon Park, Wauchula, Bartow
JOB STATUS: Full Time
PAY: Depends on Experience
The outpatient therapist will be responsible for providing assessment and therapy services for both children and adults and requires an LMHC, LCSW or LMFT license in the state of Florida. Peace River Center is a Drug-Free workplace and requires an approved DCF Level 2 background clearance.
In the performance of their respective task and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
a. Adhere to all PRC policies and Code of Conduct standards and at all times exhibit all
PRC’s Core Values.
b. Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
c. Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
d. Work independently, while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations, as required.
· Ability to arrive/report to work on time and ready to work.
· Ability to abide by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
· Ability to work cooperatively in a group/team setting.
· Ability to show respect and communicate professionally with others.
· Ability to take guidance and direction from supervisors.
· Ability to report to work with clean hygiene.
· Ability to adhere to company /program dress code standards.
· Ability to collect and enter demographic, insurance and other required information for registration.
· Provide individual, group, and family therapy as deemed necessary through evidence based practice approaches.
· Complete ongoing progress notes and other necessary documentation through an electronic health record.
· Provide crisis intervention services as needed.
· Make appropriate internal and external referrals.
· Complete behavioral health status exams.
· Conduct and complete Biopsychosocial evaluations.
· Develop treatment plans with clients.
· The position requires that the individual is in compliance with the standards set forth in the outpatient performance plan.
· Position requires that the individual maintain all mental health credentials and licensure.
· Position requires that the individual maintains compliance with all PRC training requirements.
· Position may require other tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Master’s degree in mental health field required.
At least 2 years of experience in the mental health field.
LMHC, LCSW or LMFT required
Knowledge and Skills:
· Position requires that the individual generally understands the psychopathology of both adults and children as it relates to the DSM diagnostic manual.
· Position requires that the individual is capable of providing mental health diagnoses using DSM criteria.
· Position requires that the individual can perform therapy with a variety of modalities to include evidence based practice approaches.
· Position requires that the individual is capable of providing treatment for co-occurring disorders or is willing to learn the required techniques and interventions to provide the therapy.
· Position requires that the individual possess a high quality of written and verbal capabilities.
· Position requires that the individual is capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
· Position requires the individual to manage one’s time efficiently.
· Position requires that written documentation through an electronic health record must be completed in a timely manner.
· Position requires flexibility and the ability to prioritize various job functions.
· Position requires strong clinical documentation skills.
Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
Life Safety Equipment (fire extinguisher)
Must have reliable transportation
Machines, Tool and Equipment Used:
Computer, telephone, fax, copier, email, electronic health record
The work environment is fast-paced and consists of exposure to physical conditions typical of a normal office environment. The populations cared for will include patients who are confused, delusional, irrational, agitated, or uncooperative. Most of the job is performed while sitting, although the work may require occasional standing or walking and/or the lifting and carrying of small objects. A small amount of travel may be required for meetings etc. to another PRC location.
One of the greatest assets of the PRC is the ethnic, cultural, and social diversity of its employees. PRC takes great pride in the diversity and values and respect of all its employees, regardless of race, color, sex, marital status religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, gender identification, or sexual orientation.
Our job board is offered as a member value added benefit. Members may post as often and as many positions as they desire. Consider becoming a member to have access to post job positions here.